The biggest events of the summer are drawing closer, including next weekend's Selbyville Old Timer's Day festival and plenty of big name acts coming to the Freeman Stage.
But there are also some fun events scheduled for this weekend around southern Delaware, including a chance to spend some time with your canine companion in Milton, or enjoy healthy food options in Rehoboth Beach. There is even a Brewgrass festival in Milford and an annual bike event across the county in Laurel.
Check below for some of our favorite happenings planned for this weekend. And don't forget to check back here every Thursday/Friday in our "Weekender Blog" for more family-friendly event options throughout southern Delaware.
- Milford Brewgrass Festival (June 14). This inaugural event will offer live bluegrass music, local food and beer tastings from Delaware and Maryland Eastern Shore breweries. The event will be held in Milford's Bicentennial and Memorial Parks on Sunday, June 14, from 12-6 p.m. All attendees must be at least 21 years of age. More information at www.downtownmilford.org.
- SUPs for Pups (June 14). Delmarva Board Sport Adventures (DBSA), the area's original and leading paddle board adventure company, will host its first SUP for Pups Festival this weekend, with sponsor proceeds and donations benefiting the Delaware SPCA. This event, to be held at Milton Memorial Park in Milton, is free to the public. Paddleboards, gear and coaches will be there to help you SUP with or without your pup. The SPCA will bring their adoptable pups. More information available HERE.
- Rehoboth Beach VegFest (June 12-14). Rehoboth VegFest is a free festival celebrating healthy, sustainable and compassionate living. Dozens of local exhibitors, veg food, cooking demos, dynamic speakers, kid's activities, music and more are planned. More information at www.RehobothVegfest.org.
- Broad Creek Byway Bike and Brew Tour (June 13). Bike and Brew has 16, 25 and 50 mile routes, and even a Metric Century route for more advanced cyclists. Included in the registration fee is a 16 Mile Beer and Chicken BBQ lunch, that will be provided by Abbott's Grill at the finish party. Cyclists will also receive a t-shirt and beer mug. All routes will end at Janosik Park on Broad Creek. For more information or to register, click HERE.
- Taste of Bayside (June 13). Bayside Marketplace in Selbyville is hosting a "Taste of Bayside" on Saturday, June 13, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Harry the Dragon from Harris Teeter will be on hand, along with a balloon sculptor, a putting green challenge and kid's crafts hosted by Troon Golf. PNC Bank will also feature it's "Wheel of Fun" with special prizes for anyone who stops by. More information HERE.
These are just a few of this weekend's fun-filled events here in coastal Delaware. For more ideas on what you can do with your friends and/or family, contact your local chamber of commerce or town hall.
And be on the lookout again next week for more great ideas from the Oldfather Group. Now get out there and enjoy all the things that make living at the Delaware beaches such a wonderful experience!